Well it’s the new year and now that you’ve hired a maid service you can spend your time pursuing your New Year’s resolutions, right? And if you haven’t committed to your resolutions, it’s not too late. With thanks to the LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/) here are some ideas for you:
- Go to a museum – think about it…when was the last time you spent an afternoon at a museum with your friends or family? If you have housecleaners taking care of the dirty work you can do this instead.
- Take the new Expo Line to the beach. The great thing about California is you can head to the beach for a day – even in January!
- Learn to surf – If you’re up for it, learn to surf while you’re at the beach. And if you’ve never tried it at all, it will be an experience you never forget.
- Visit Catalina Island – Millions of people visit Catalina Island each year. Have you ever been? If not then you should make this a priority. Doesn’t that sound like more fun than scrubbing the floors?
- See a movie at a special venue – You’ll be amazed at some of the fun and funky theaters around the LA and San Bernardino area – like the Egyptian and the Nuart. Indie films and classics are a great change from the latest big Hollywood blockbuster (but those are fun too)
- Take a hike – seriously! Ever been to the ‘real’ Batcave? It’s just past the Hollywood sign. For even more ideas – check out the list at latimes.com/lawalks.
- Find a new restaurant – search zagats.com or a local ‘foodie’ blog for a top rated restaurant that has been open less than a year. Then you can be the one to spread to word about your latest find.